About the branch
The Broad Ripple community has enjoyed library service at various sites since 1930. The first stand-alone library opened in 1949 adjacent to School No. 80 and continued at that location until a larger branch opened in Broad Ripple Park in 1986. Facing a need for continued growth, the current Glendale Branch was constructed in 2000 and became the country’s first full-service library in a major shopping mall.